Monday 12 March 2012

Habits

I've come pretty close to closing down my clutter busting blog. The last few posts are embarrassing to me. I mean, who cares how I sorted through all my baby stuff? And the sea of linens... I'm without words.
I started this blog to motivate me, and it has done that. I guess I like to see my progress. I stopped maintaining my 100 things we no longer have page a long time ago, which is kind of a shame, because it is really amazing how much we've ditched and how little we miss it! Far more than 100 things.

One of the things I love most about clutterbusting is that it's habit-forming. The more I toss, the more I want to toss. Unlike some other habits, it has no negative side-effects. In fact, it helps to counter another less-healthy habit, shopping. Clutterbusting reminds me of how little we need, and discourages me from wasting money on stuff that will eventually become clutter.

Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment